Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

Three Stages





A good night last night: a full moon, the town was full of great restaurant smells.   Studio wasn't bad either.   Finally getting some traction on one of the portraits I was lost on.  It changed so much, that I have to show an old image, or most would probably not recognize it.  Two nights ago, I muddled it over quite a bit and stopped at the second image, which is new.  The figure and head was a little too large, and somehow was reminding me of Leonardo' head of a warrior. I want the smaller portraits in this series to be clearly less than life sized, so I reworked it as you see today in the larger image.   I've always been imagining a small rabbit, and realized an association with Joseph Beuy's dead hare performance could be drawn.  I'm okay with that.

No comments: