Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Life Drawings


I conducted a demo in my Representational Drawing class Friday, drawing alongside my students.   We've been working with the figure for half the semester and I've been encouraging them to push out in different areas, media, and explore independent investigations with the figure.  My personal bias with drawings lately tends to be towards line.  My painting is very tonal and color-based, so I like the variety.  To discuss limitations, I took a planar/contour approach for the first hour pose.  Like my paintings, I let forms swell and contract and eventually clarify with more decisive lines rather than erase.  The second pose was also an hour, but I broke it into two drawings: the first a loose, gestural, contour, and the second was my attempt at a 30 minute value drawing with hatching. 


No comments: