Pages

Friday, July 31, 2009

Paris

After a week studying in the museums and churches of Paris, I'm back in Warsaw before heading to Kracow for a few days. Too much to absorb, I spent over thirteen hours in the Louvre alone over three different days, mainly concentrating on particular paintings and sculpture in the less crowded areas. I was not greatly impressed with the amount of work exhibited in the Pompidou, but I can say that the collections in the Cluny, Orsay,and the Musee del la Mode et du Textile are excellent. The Monet rooms are rightfully the focus of the Orangerie, but I was surprised by a large concentration of Soutine as well as a large contemporary exhibit. Of course, I enjoyed the city itself, walking most everywhere, visiting countless churches. Missed a lot as a result, including the Effiel, but my regret extends mainly to the countless little museums still left to see.

No comments: