Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Poland 2010 at Raven


I'm excited to announce a summer 2010 exhibition of my paintings at the Raven Gallery in Kracow, Poland. After meeting with the director of Raven, Zofia Kruk, we agreed to a solo show of paintings on canvas. The specific date is to be announced after the start of the new year, likely in late May or early June.)

Though I do profess love for many cities in Poland, Kracow possesses particular charm as its first capital. On my visit in 2007, I happened upon the Raven gallery while walking in the old Jewish quarter of Kazimierz, which lies just outside the main tourist center of old town. While many of the galleries in Poland focus on polish artists, or scenes with primarily tourist appeal, I was revived to find in Raven a show of drawings by a contemporary Danish artist. Even more astounding was the ambitious exhibition schedule which was operating on a two week rotation. I am very pleased that I will soon have my own show within the next year's ambitious schedule.

No comments: